7 Secrets to Increasing Productivity with Cloud Based Tools: Secret #4
Published: August 30, 2016
Modern day employees work from home, on the road, or wherever the mood strikes. Americans spend a staggering 4.7 hours a day on their smart phones alone. The Huffington Post reports that millennials are actually using their phones for nearly one third of their waking hours, checking their phones five times an hour.
How can workplaces capitalize on these trends? By giving users the tools they need to be productive and allowing access to corporate resources from anywhere—using any device.
With the proliferation of devices along with adoption of Cloud based services, you can provide your employees incredible flexibility to be productive from any place at any time. With all this flexibility though, you also want security and compliance controls in place. How do you accomplish this?
Microsoft's Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS) supports Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows and Windows mobile devices while leveraging global datacenters that are always on. No matter where users work or live they have "local" access to their productivity, identity, and management services—anywhere there's an Internet connection. And employers can automate and manage how users connect to VPN and Wi-Fi endpoints, including using digital certificates and Multi Factor Authentication for increased security.
EMS helps to provide employees with secure and seamless access to corporate resources as well as familiar productivity experiences with Office mobile apps such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. EMS helps protect corporate data on the device itself, and even on other devices, using four layers of protection, all without affecting the personal data on the device. IT can even manage these apps without requiring the device to be enrolled for management.
Microsoft Outlook for iOS and Android brings together the core tools that employees need to get things done—e.g., email, calendar, contacts and files—helping them to accomplish more, even on the smallest screen. Additionally, they can view and edit email attachments and documents using familiar productivity tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneDrive for Business. With Office mobile apps and EMS, employees get a consistent user experience and the ability to do more from virtually anywhere while EMS helps protect corporate data at the same time.
For more information, check out our webcast: 7 Secrets to Increasing Productivity.
- Better Office management: EMS integrates with Office and is the only solution that brings managed mobile productivity with Office across platforms, with or without a device enrollment.
- Single identity for accessing corporate resources: EMS manages access to all corporate resources, both on-premises and in the cloud, with a single identity. This not only includes on-premise resources, but expands out to thousands of cloud offerings like Salesforce, Concur and Workday. Add multifactor authentication (MFA) to ensure that you are not relying on passwords only.
- Extensive protection of corporate email and documents across four layers: EMS helps to protect across four layers: identity, device, application and data. Documents can be protected even if they leave your organization, by leveraging Microsoft Azure Rights Management, ensuring that only trusted users with compliant devices can open corporate documents within the context of a managed application.
- Flexible architecture: EMS is designed to run in the cloud from the ground up and work seamlessly with cloud services, such as Office 365 and other SaaS offerings and on-premises infrastructure.
- A better way to manage access to email and documents: Employees expect to have a seamless experience accessing corporate email and documents on the devices of their choice without going through several complex steps or calling the help desk. IT groups, on the other hand, wants to keep corporate data protected wherever it is. With EMS employees can only access the data if it complies with the IT defined policies, protecting your corporate resources.
- Prevent data leakage: With managed apps you can separate corporate apps and data from personal apps and locations on the device. This can prevent the use of actions, like copy and paste or save as, in the duplication of corporate data to a personal location or app. For example, trying to copy and paste a portion of a corporate email into a Twitter app. If you need to wipe the device, selectively wipe the corporate data leaving the personal data intact.