LMS Optimization Checklist: Are You Getting the Most from Your System?
Published: February 25, 2016
Using a learning management system (LMS) has many benefits, from improving training development and delivery to increasing employee engagement and accelerating employee performance. But did you know that to experience — on an ongoing basis — all the advantages of this platform, you should optimize it regularly? Just like any software, your LMS is constantly evolving with new features and functions to meet demands.. Do you know if you're getting maximum value for your investment? And what about your users? Are they getting the best experience?
What Is LMS Optimization?
For most organizations, an LMS isn't ready out of the box, and even years later, it might need changes to support business initiatives. Fine-tuning, customizations and migration from legacy systems all need to be in place in order to drive higher return on investment and better results. We can all agree that it's not enough for your users to sometimes have a great learning experience. To get real value from your LMS, your users must be consistently having great experiences across the entire platform.
LMS Optimization Checklist
Here's a fast way to find out if you need to optimize your LMS:
- In the past year, have you missed or ignored any of the features in release updates?
- Would you like to see an increase in user adoption?
- Are there features you wish you'd implemented, if only you had known how or had the time to do so?
- Have you added complexity to the system that now makes it "clunky" and difficult to manage?
- Do you feel there has to be an easier way to accomplish your talent management goals?
- Do your users face challenges in navigating the system as smoothly and easily as possible?
- Would you like to update and tailor the processes in the system for your organization's specific needs?
- Do you feel there is a better way to organize your data, users, or content, but you don't know how or have the time to figure it out?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it may be time to consider optimizing your LMS. Most organizations don't have the internal resources needed to launch an optimization project because much of their time is being spent on strategic initiatives. Instead, they seek out LMS optimization expertise from companies such as Tribridge to provide best practices, fine-tune system configuration, and identify improvements.
It's important that you can choose which optimization options are right for your organization. While some companies have a need for a basic optimization, others may determine that they want an optimization expert to examine how their LMS supports the processes and workflows related to their talent management strategy. Tribridge optimization includes an array of optimization alternatives.
Watch a two-minute video that shows you how Tribridge can help you optimize your LMS.