Microsoft Outlook CRM 2011 Installation Issue
Published: January 16, 2012
How to Fix an Organization Configuration Issue when Installing Microsoft Outlook CRM Client
Yesterday, a coworker contacted me to get some assistance on a Microsoft Outlook CRM Client installation issue. The installation completed without a problem but the issue was that the configuration of the Organization would hang.
Since there have been some recent challenges with the new Microsoft Outlook CRM Client installation packages, I thought they might have a bad installation package so I downloaded the latest package and tried that. Unfortunately, I had the same result. My next step was to ensure the user had full rights on the explorer directory structure. I checked that, made a few modifications but the same error persisted.
At this point in the troubleshooting process, I opened the installation log file from C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSCRM\Logs. The log file is usually named something like Crm50ClientConfig.log. I opened the log file and did a search on the word ‘error.’ I found the following two Microsoft Outlook CRM errors of interest in the file:
Error| Error connecting to URL:
Exception: Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: Logon failed due to missing credentials at
Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.ClientAuth.ClientAuthProvidersFactory`1.SignIn(Uri endPoint, Credential credentials,
AuthUIMode uiMode, IClientOrganizationContext context, Form parentWindow, Boolean retryOnError) at
Form parentWindow, Credential credentials) at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.DeploymentsInfo.InternalLoadOrganizations(OrganizationDetailCollection
orgs, AuthUIMode uiMode, Form parentWindow)
Error| Exception: Culture is not supported.
Parameter name: culture 0 (0×0000) is an invalid culture identifier. at
Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler) at
These were new errors for me and conducting an Internet search yielded no usable CRM Outlook solution. Fortunately, a Microsoft Support Engineer was able to point me in the right direction. The fix for me for this solution was to update the User Security role with ‘Write’ rights on User Settings.
I hope this helps if you are experiencing this installation issue with Microsoft Outlook CRM.
Now that it’s 2012, kick start your Q1 with something new that you can start using now. Register for our Social CRM webcast today! Learn best practices for implementing a Social CRM strategy with impact.