Argos USA Implements Microsoft Dynamics GP Across Operations for Standardized Data and Significant Costs Savings
Published: August 23, 2013
Argos USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cementos Argos S.A. located in Colombia, South America. Headquartered in Houston, Argos USA is a major supplier of cement, ready mix concrete and related products throughout North America. Southern Star Concrete based in Irving, Texas; Ready Mixed Concrete Company based in Raleigh, North Carolina; and two cement terminals located in the southeast and one terminal on the Texas gulf coast make up the Argos USA operations. These operations supply concrete to commercial and residential builders as well as for civil projects. While each subsidiary operates under a different name in their respective market, they are known as a competitively priced option with quality service and products.
With revenues nearing $500 million and close to 1,500 employees, Argos USA needed to standardize their business and financial operations on a reliable, stable platform that would enable a complete view of their enterprise. To start with, each subsidiary was using a different product to manage their business. Argos USA and the cement terminals were using Peachtree along with several labor-intensive spreadsheets to track inventory and recurring journal entries. Ready Mixed Concrete relied on an outdated Oracle Financials system. Particularly time consuming for Ready Mixed Concrete was the process of mapping their chart of accounts to Argos USA’s standard during each monthly close. Southern Star was using Microsoft Dynamics GP that had been tailored to meet their business needs. With each operation running different systems, Argos USA lacked standardization of data to facilitate financial reporting; real-time access to data; and the ability to process intercompany transactions. Additionally, each business had a different payroll system or service provider.
- Eliminated processing cost of outsourcing payroll vendor while providing better control
- Total solution was delivered at a third the cost of other proposed solutions
- Standardized chart of accounts across all business operations enables consistent reporting
- Month-end close process reduced to three days
- Integration with industry-specific sales order processing system
- Drill down capability into transactions is a significant time savings
- Real-time access to data allows for faster decision making
- Greater visibility into customer and vendor relationships
« Customer Success Stories